One-on-One On-line Tutoring
Using an on-line whiteboard, you will be able to record the lesson notes and participate in the lesson in real time.
GMAT Verbal Course
- In 7 weeks (21 hours), you will learn to master the Sentence Correction, Critical Reasoning, and Reading Comprehension problems, as well as the Analyze-an-Issue essay and Analyze-an-Argument essay.
- Sentence Correction: These questions greatly impact your score. They test your knowledge both of English grammar and of business-English style. There are easily over 100 rules to grasp and become comfortable applying. We will study these rules under seven major topics, covering innumerable tips and tricks along the way.
- Critical Reasoning: These questions also are critical to maximizing your score and purposefully written in tremendously obscure language. To answer critical-reasoning questions efficiently, we will learn the parts of an argument, all the question types, and the approaches, tips, and tricks key to anticipating right answers and eliminating wrong ones.
- Reading Comprehension: These questions are designed in large part to create time pressure for the test taker. We will cover time-saving approaches to handling complex texts.
- Essay Writing: Learn exactly what the essay reviewers are looking for in terms of structure, content, and style. We will review both what to do and what not to do.
TOEFL-iBT Full Course
- In 6 weeks (2 hours per week) learn the reading, listening, speaking and writing skills needed to succeed on this particularly long exam. The course will emphasize speaking and writing as these sections that cannot be practiced independently.
- This exam is split into the following sections:
- Reading: 3-5 passages (usually 5) with 12-14 questions per passage. You have 20 minutes to complete the questions for each passage.
- Listening: 4-6 Lectures with 6 questions each; 2-3 conversations (university-related, between two students or between a student and professor) with 5 questions each.
- Speaking: 6 speaking tasks- 2 tasks based on personal experience/opinion; 2 tasks integrating reading, listening, and speaking; and 2 tasks integrating listening and speaking.
- Task 1 - Integrated Essay: Summarize how the points in a lecture relate to the points in an academic text. (15-225 words in 20 minutes)
- Task 2 - Opinion Essay: Write an opinion essay on a given topic. (~300 words in 30 minutes)
Do you already know your strengths/weaknesses and need tailored guidance?
Let's meet! Many students have begun studying, are retaking an exam, or are already strong in certain areas, and need extra help in specific areas. After some discussion it will be clear what gaps exist in your approach to and knowledge of the exam and what your strengths are. We will then be able to tailor a program specific to your needs. Purchase as many or as few hours as you like!
Do you want to improve your professional or conversational English?
We will practice English conversation by reviewing some vocabulary-building exercises and then discussing real-world topics (world news, art, history, language, government regulation, economics, men's and women's roles, child rearing, education, food, travel, culture, and more)! During the conversation in each lesson, we will introduce grammatical concepts and rules as they arise in your speech.